Purpose of Blog

This blog is a compilation of everything I've ever written down in church that has truly inspired me. Although it says I only have three posts, I am continually adding to those posts and alphabetizing them so they are easier to find. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am doing this on my own but I hope to be able to share some of my great thoughts I've treasured throughout the years. Some of my quotes are just notes that have inspired me and that add insight to my life to help me understand the scriptures more. I hope you enjoy!



Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Testimony

Testimony of Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ is my fount of pure water. He is the fount of all righteousness in my life. Everything good that I have comes from Him. He will exalt my highways by giving me His way in my life. To become exalted, I need to make my His paths my paths. He will give me a more excellent way of continual progress.

The Growth of My Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith
The first thing I can remember is when my bishop pointed to a picture of Him and told me it was Joseph Smith. I knew who he was. That was when I got baptized. Then, when I was a teenager, around 14, I prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true. I received a firm confirmation of this and then later I prayed to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. Well, knowing that the Book of Mormon is true, by the power of the Holy Ghost, made me realize that I already know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I then had the opportunity to testify of this and every time my testimony grows stronger and I know that the witness that I have received from God is a pure and enduring witness. I treasure this testimony with all of my heart, and hope that the world will know it too.

Testimony of the Book of Mormon
As I read the Book of Mormon, I begin to realize the importance of Christ in my life. Because without Christ, we wouldn't accomplish anything or be anything. Everything is illuminated by His light. He gave me a chance. Because of the Book of Mormon, I understand the gift which Christ gave, the infinite atonement.

No comments:

Post a Comment